Thanksgiving is upon us and therefore here are my 24, mostly geeky, reasons to be thankful this year:
- Gravity Falls. Love this show. I only weep that there are no more episodes.
- Steven Universe. I love you, Garnet! You are my everything!
- On a related note – sharing fandoms with my family.
- Father Daughter cosplay. Behold.
- Bitch Planet, Thor, Mockingbird, Heathen – so many great comics
- Hall H.
- My daughter’s extended family of Aunties and Uncles at Baycon and Convolution.
- The fact that middle school is only two years long.
- My stuffed octopuses.
- Advance review copies.
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- The entire cast of Orphan Black.
- Naveen Andrews playing Sayid. Lost ended a long time ago, and you know Sayid and I did have our ups and downs, but he and his angst and his endless supply of tank tops will always have a special place in my heart.
- This pic.
- The battle of the white nightgowns in Crimson Peak.
- Everything about Captain America: the Winter Soldier.
- Everything about Kubo and the Two Strings.
- The sloth in Zootopia.
20. This song!
21. Intra-library loans.
22. The fact that my daughter learned how to make pie so I don’t have to make it anymore.
24. My followers!
What are you thankful for?